"Sang-Froid"

"Sang-Froid"
"Sang-Froid"

Sep 19, 2010

Hello out there!

This is my first post on my first blog. I have blogged on trips and shared it with those who asked ahead of time so writing comes easily. The reason this blog exists is that I wanted to join a painting challenge and the rules said one must have a blog. Wow, what a lot of work. At least Google makes it easier than some.

Today I said goodbye to my painting of the flatirons of Boulder. Did you ever have a painting that just wouldn't jell? Some days I can finish a painting in one day and it comes together like magic. But once in a while, oh man! Nothing works. And I refuse to end up with mud, so I just move on to something else and hide the failed painting away.

Recently someone sent photos of soldiers in Afghanistan to me. They moved me to paint a helicopter gunner shooting at people he couldn't see, and I called it "Anonymous Death."

I admire Linda Montfort's abstract paintings but fail miserably when I try to do an abstract. My efforts look stilted or childish to me. Any tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment