"Sang-Froid"

"Sang-Froid"
"Sang-Froid"

Nov 5, 2010

ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) Interfere with Painting Time. GRRR

It has been one of those weeks each of you has had at some time--car trouble, tooth trouble, friends sick, funerals!  If I didn't love the people involved I might be resentful.  But I am grateful that I have a community that acts like a community should.  I haven't had time to paint for 7 days.

I did manage to make it to my sculpture class.  I was embarrassed at how awful my "head"  looked when I unwrapped it.  I even decided not to show it full-face on this blog.  Our teacher said all our head's eyes looked like they had worms in them and he was right!   I forgot my anatomy.  An eyeball is round.  It is just tucked into the head a lot. And the eyelid that covers a round eyeball must be round as well.  Missing that part is what made it look like worms. 

We have learned much in 10 hours, but teacher predicts we will need at least 10 more before we can quit and let the  clay dry.  It is fun to get lost in the process.  I wasn't sure it would work for me like painting, but it does.  Painting is more rewarding, faster, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment