"Sang-Froid"

"Sang-Froid"
"Sang-Froid"

Aug 7, 2011

More disappointments

The substitute for Tyvek not only doesn't take paint well, it resists mediums and glue.  I finally tried Gorilla glue on it so tomorrow I will see if that holds. On a whim, I tried ironing it like Tyvek and found that even with the iron set on linen heat had NO effect on it.  Phoey.  It will work for this picture though as I am making dandelion blooms and leaves from it.  I wanted to glue a wire between two sheets to make the leaves bend.

The greens sprayed well and I finished the landscape with a  brush.  I have the base of the blooms glued on so the petals will stand away from the canvas when I apply them. I still have to decide whether to paint the dandelion at seed or devise some 3D way. Suggestions have been Halloween webbing torn up, or cotton torn up.  If I go 3D I will use a cork for the base of the seed ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment